Turkey Rolls – Back to Basics [Recipe]

Keto Turkey Rolls

PinterestYummlyFacebookRedditStumbleUponTumblrTwitterShare

While everyone was eating cake for my nephew’s birthday, I rummaged through my mom’s fridge until I stumbled across shaved turkey from the deli. My brother-in-law walked in as I was rolling the thin slices of meat into compact little tubes and popping them into my mouth as-is. He laughed, “your sister and I do that all the time!” Apparently, turkey rolls are a universal thing and not just a makeshift meal for those of us with dietary restrictions.

Suddenly, I didn’t feel so bad eating deli meat straight out of the bag.


Keto Turkey Rolls

I started thinking about all the people that turn to Google to figure out what they can eat on the keto diet. They stumble across beautifully photographed recipes of exotic ingredients,  complicated recipes, and think: wow, I can’t do that.

If you:

  1. are overwhelmed by the thought of all the cooking involved
  2. hate cooking
  3. can’t cook
  4. don’t have time to cook
  5. all of the above

Then this post is for you! Keto is only as complicated as you make it. You can legit eat meat out of a bag and be just as ketogenic as the next gal. I feel like I need to stand on top of a mountain and shout this to everyone starting on this journey. You can do this.

Low Carb Turkey Rolls

I’m just keepin’ it real. Back to basics, babe.

As part public service announcement and part recipe, I present to you: turkey rolls.

I won’t go on and on about how delicious turkey rolls are because I’m sure you’ve already had the pleasure. Instead, I’ll focus on the nutritional value that something this simple can offer.

Getting an adequate amount of protein is really important for your overall health and body composition goals. If you are following ketogenic macros, then you should know that protein is the priority to target. Protein is important to maintain healthy skin, hair, and muscles. Turkey rolls are a super easy and convenient way to incorporate this critical macronutrient into your diet.

Keto Turkey Rolls

Turkey is a really concentrated source of protein and also one of the leanest, making it a great option to sneak in the ever-so-important macronutrient without bumping your calories too high. In 100 grams of roasted turkey breast, there are 30 grams of protein, only 147 calories, and nooooo carbs. Turkey also contains loads of vitamin B6 and niacin, which are important for energy production. 

The macronutrient breakdown is ideal for those using ketogenic diets for fat loss. The carb count is non existent and the fat is relatively low, making it easier to create a calorie deficit. This is the type of food you will want to eat to allow your body fat stores to be used for energy instead of dietary fat. If you have high body fat already, you do not need to add extra plate fat when you are keto-adapted.

Turns out turkey rolls make for a pretty smart way to keto.

Turkey Rolls Low Carb & Keto
Have your butcher slice the turkey for you so the thickness is nice and consistent, then simply roll the slices up. You can dip them, stuff them with any low carb ingredients your heart desires (cheese, cream cheese, veggies, bacon, etc) to add variety. I usually just sprinkle with salt and pepper. Doesn’t get any easier than that!

Keto Turkey Rolls – Back to Basics [Recipe]

Yields 1 Serving

1 minPrep Time

1 minTotal Time

Save Recipe
My Recipes My Lists My Calendar

Ingredients

  • 4 oz (113g) Roasted Turkey Breast, thinly sliced
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon Cream Cheese or thinly sliced cheese (optional)

Instructions

  1. Spread an even layer of cream cheese over thinly sliced turkey breast. (optional)
  2. Place any additional ingredients you choose along the edge.
  3. Fold edge of turkey breast inwards and continue to roll until the meat forms a long tube.
  4. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, to taste.
http://ketogasm.com/turkey-rolls-back-basics-recipe/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss

Don’t forget to pin it!

Keto Turkey Rolls

PinterestYummlyFacebookRedditStumbleUponTumblrTwitterShare

The post Turkey Rolls – Back to Basics [Recipe] appeared first on KETOGASM.



Discover More About Healthy Eating At Naturally Curvy

0 comments: